“A global scholars call for the release of scholars, preachers and detainees”
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds, and prayers and peace be upon our master Muhammad and his family and companions; and after:
This is a general call from the world’s scholars, preachers, and thinkers, to the decision-makers, kings, rulers, presidents, leaders, and state leaders, to carry out their duties and responsibilities towards the detainees, among the nation’s scholars, preachers, and thinkers, and to release them from detentions and prisons, and to work to obtain their freedom, dignity, and life as the rest of the world’s population as a whole.
The spread of the epidemic and the scourge that has afflicted all countries and witnessed worldwide today, and there is no state left, nor is there a place east or west, in isolation from this global epidemic and the great pandemic, which caused serious economic and social crises, and greatest need for human relief to confront this epidemic and calamity, such that they cry out: "May Allah have mercy on us, O’Allah save us, save us."
And from the Sunnah of Allah Almighty, if injustice, corruption, oppression and tyranny appeared, and immorality and evils prevailed, and they did not change or deny, and people were obliged to remain silent on their perpetrators, their Creator, the Most High, afflicted them with the spread of diseases and epidemics, drought and poverty, and the severity of poverty and hardship.
And that is only because of the acts of injustice, tyranny, sins and corruption committed by human beings; to suffer punishment due to some of their work which they made in the world; so as to repent and turn to God Almighty such their conditions improve, and their affairs become upright. God Almighty said: “Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by [reason of] what the hands of people have earned so He may let them taste part of [the consequence of] what they have done that perhaps they will return [to righteousness].” [Roman 41].
One of the reasons for this calamity and these calamities has occurred in all countries of the world and all mankind, is the unjust detention of the nation's scholars, preachers and thinkers.
Allah Almighty said: “And those who harm believing men and believing women for [something] other than what they have earned have certainly born upon themselves a slander and manifest sin.” [Al Ahzab 58].
It is no secret that the religious scholars have their position and status with their Lord, the Most High, the Almighty, for they are the inheritors of the prophets and messengers, and they are the guardians of the Lord of the worlds, and they are luminous to the worlds, and the Sunnah of Allah Almighty in their violation is known, and Allah’s war on those who cause them enmity and harm are defeated, and thus their insult and arrest is a reason for the punishment and demise of countries.
- Based on the foregoing and its statement, and in fulfilment of the duty of responsibility, the ummah scholars launch their call and address it:
- To the kings, presidents, leaders, and leaders of the nations who have been entrusted to take care of their people, their dignity and their souls, and to protect them and not waste them.
- To the governments that filled prisons with scholars, preachers and people of opinions and thinkers.
- To the judiciary, which must assume responsibility for fairness and justice, and to remove injustice from the oppressed and the persecuted.
- To the human rights, social and humanitarian organizations and bodies.
- To the free, honorable, independent and impartial media.
- To all decision-makers in order to fulfill their duty:
- To expedite the release of scholars, preachers, and thinkers, who are oppressed and persecuted in the prisons and detention centers.
- To exert international pressure to release all prisoners and detainees in the prisons of the Zionist occupation.
- And to release detainees in the prisons of some Arab countries without exception.
And that is only to please the Lord the Most Exalted, and to fulfill righteousness, and to establish justice, and to lift injustice, and to push away the calamities and afflictions from the countries and the people, and to bring about mercy, goodness, and blessings from the Lord of the Earth and the Heavens.
Thanks to Allah, Lord of the worlds.
17th Shaaban 1441 AH corresponding to 10th April 2020 AD
«Associations and scholarly bodies in the Islamic world»
Signatories to the statement from associations and scientific bodies:
- Muslim Scholars Association.
- Sunna Scholars Association.
- The Scholars Training Center in Mauritania.
- Libyan Ifta House.
- The Association of Palestine Scholars abroad.
- Association of Arab Maghreb Scholars.
- The Association of Muslim Scholars in Lebanon.
- The Sudanese Union of Scholars, Imams and Preachers.
- The Global Campaign to Resist Aggression.
- The Sunnis movement in Lebanon.
- World League for Rights and Freedoms.
- Eritrea Scientists Association.
- Association of the Turkish International Association of Muslim Scholars Solidarity (UMAD).
- Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdah (Vice President of the Association of Muslim Scholars).
- Sheikh Mohamed Al-Hassan Wald Al-Dido (Head of the Center for Training Scholars in Mauritania).
- Dr. Ghazi Al-Tawbah (a Syrian scholar).
- Dr. Ahmed Hawa (a Syrian scholar).
- Dr. Saad Al-Othman (a Syrian scholar).
- Dr. Wasfi Ashour Abu Zaid (Professor of Knowledge of Purposes).
- Dr. Muhammad Abdul Karim Al-Sheikh (Secretary General of the Association of Muslim Scholars).
- Prof. Jamal Abdul-Sattar (Secretary General of the Association of Scholars of the Sunnis).
- Dr. Nawaf Al Takrouri (Chairman of the Association of Palestinian Scholars Abroad).
- Dr. Abdul Hai Youssef (Vice-President of the Sudan Scholars Association).
- Sheikh Sami Al-Saadi (Secretary General of the Research Council at the Libyan Ifta House).
- Dr. Attia Adlan (formerly Professor of Islamic Jurisprudence and Member of the Egyptian Parliament).
- Sheikh Muhammad Sidya Al-Nawawi (member of the Association of Muslim Scholars).
- Sheikh Dr. Ali Mohiuddin Al-Qurra Daghi.
- Sheikh Osama Al-Rifai.
- Dr. Ayman Shaabani.
- Sheikh Muwaffaq Al-Omar.
- Dr. Muhammad Abu Al-Khair Shukry.
- Sheikh Ibrahim Al Hassoun
- Dr. Hassan Al-Safadi.
- Sheikh Muti Al-Bateen.
- Sheikh Abdullah Al-Othman.
- Sheikh Abdullah Rahal.
- Dr. Abdul Majeed Al Bayanouni.
- Sheikh Abdul Alim Abdullah.